It is important to have regular examinations for your child, even if he/she is not experiencing any pain. Many dental conditions will not show symptoms or cause pain in the early stages. By the time your child is experiencing pain or swelling, the disease has already progressed. Through regular dental exams, your dentist can:
- Identify changes in your mouth child
- Diagnose and address minor issues before they become larger problems
- Guide you on ways to prevent dental disease
- Answer any questions and concerns you may have about your dental health child
- Treat any condition that may arise, or refer your child to the necessary dental specialist
Frequency of exams
The frequency of your dental exams child will depend on his/her dental health care needs. It is recommended that you visit the dentist at least once per year. Your dentist may recommend that your child attend more frequently based on your current oral and/or general health child or other lifestyle factors.